Do you need to display a DEC?

If you are a public authority or an institution that occupies or part occupies a building and you provide a public service to a large number of people who also visit the building then you are required by law to display a DEC. Currently, this applies to buildings with a gross internal floor area equal to or greater than 500 m2 however buildings with a floor area of 250 m2 may also soon require them.  


What will the DEC tell you?

The DEC will be accompanied by an Advisory Report. The DEC will provide you with an energy rating for your building. The rating ranges from A to G, where A is very efficient and G is the least efficient. The DEC has to be renewed annually. After a survey of the entire site an Advisory Report (AR) will be produced which will provide you with set of recommendations that will help you improve the energy performance of your building. The AR is valid for 7 years.

The team at Green Age Energy have produced DECs since their inception and have accredited energy assessors who are also CIBSE registered Low Carbon Consultants.  


What clients say:

“Being part of a multi-user site where certain services are shared and some meter readings are apportioned, it is important to have someone who takes the time to understand the site and its potential problems. This is why we return to Green Age every year.” 

Steven Williams, Petworth Primary School. © 2014